Wednesday, May 5, 2010

And the adventure continues...

As we approach Mother’s Day, I’d like to share some of the interesting observations I’ve made over my last three years of motherhood. I knew my life would change when I had a child. I didn’t know how MUCH it would change. The world looks totally different through a mother’s eyes!

I look forward to the many lessons my son has yet to teach me, and I look at my own mother, grandmothers, mother-in-law, aunts, and friends with such admiration. I feel like I’ve joined a special club!

- Being a mommy makes you overcome your fears of spiders and begin to eat foods that you’ve always hated in order to show your kids that they shouldn’t be afraid to try something new.

- 24-hour pharmacies are the greatest invention – EVER.

- Motherhood is probably the leading cause of anxiety disorders.

- Everyone should carry diaper wipes with them at all times. They’re so convenient!

- A high speed digital SLR camera is worth every penny.

- The genius at Crayola who decided to put cleaning tips for every product of theirs on the website deserves a huge pay raise.

- Going to the grocery store with your child can be a fun teaching opportunity; going to the grocery store without your child can be a fun vacation.

- Playing with play-doh is incredibly therapeutic.

- When it’s cold enough outside to see your breath, it’s cool to pretend you’re a dragon.

- No matter how gross it is, there is some satisfaction that comes with picking your child’s nose.

- Having a Mary Poppins Dance Party in the living room is a great workout!

- A few funny faces can cure a bad attitude no matter how old you are.

- Nothing in the entire world is better than hearing your child say, “Mommy, I love you.”

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. - Sophia Loren

1 comment:

YooperRoo said...

I have to laugh at the nose picking comment because I completely agree!

Post a Comment